– 5+ years of product management or software engineering experience, especially with distributed systems.
– Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
– Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
– Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
– Previous success working with an agile development team
– Previous success working on open-source products
– Strong technical skills, with a background in software development or databases
– Willingness to travel (20% or less) when needed
– You’re comfortable working side by side with software developers, product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users.
– You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
– You are passionate about creating products that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of common product design patterns, enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You’re passionate about your craft, and enjoy helping others develop as PMs.
– You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers.
– You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients.
WHAT YOU GET:
– Relocation to Germany (Berlin or Wolfsburg)
– Self-responsibility and a job rich in variety
– Great compensation, business trips and career prospects
– Flexible workflow, long-term cooperation
– Being part of a young and unconventional team with great management and clear tasks
– Develop a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader PaaS community, then break
that vision down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
– Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets your requirements
– Focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
– Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings
– Actively engage customers and the community of users
It is the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native thinking and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired companies, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 100+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We practice what we preach:
– We practice Extreme Programming and Test-Driven development, and Balance Team.
– We are passionate about open-source.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org